Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus are auctioning the first five units of its flagship device OnePlus 3 in India on online marketplace Droom. This first-of-its-kind smartphone auction would give people a chance to bid and win OnePlus 3 smartphones even before it goes on sale on June 15.
The entire proceeds from the auction would go to the charity chosen by the OnePlus community through voting on OnePlus Forums, the company said.
“Through this unique smartphone auction, we want to offer our loyal fans an opportunity to get their hands on the first few OnePlus 3 smartphones in the country, even before it goes on sale while also contributing to the society,” Vikas Agarwal, general manager, India at OnePlus said in a statement.
The auction would conclude on June 12.
The company said the winners of the auction would get the OnePlus 3 smartphones and a surprise element attached to the device, which would be revealed at the time of handing over the handsets.
Following is a step-by-step guide for fans wishing to participate at the auction:
1. Bidders need to head over to the Droom website to participate in the auction
2. Registration is mandatory for eligibility as bidders will need to login to the portal
3. Bidding will commence from Rupee 1, with no cap on the final amount for bids
4. Every bid increases the price of the OnePlus 3 smartphone by Rupees 5
5. Auction goes live from June 9th, 4 PM to June 12th, 3:59:59 PM
6. A live leaderboard on the product page will be provided to showcase the top 10 bids in real time
7. The top 5 bidders will be sent a link to purchase the phones they bid for, immediately after the auction closes
8. The phones will be delivered after the global launch scheduled on June 14th
Recapping the specifications, OnePlus 3 will reportedly feature a 5.5-inch Full HD display and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. The smartphone will come with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.
OnePlus is reported to drop the Sandstone back in favour of metal unibody design. OnePlus 3 launch is scheduled for June 15 at 12.30 PM in India. The device will have a global VR launch on June 14 at 10 PM IST.
Source: Hindustan Times, Indian Express