Wearing a tie can be tiresome when you are already late for work in the morning or for your best friend’s wedding or a fight (applicable only if you’re James Bond).
One of the most common knots, the Windsor knot is a broad & triangular tie knot, good for wide collar shirts. To learn how to tie one like James Bond himself even if you are a newbie just starting out with your first tie knot., take a look below, and then start practicing in front of a mirror.
1. Start with the wide end of the tie on the right and the small end on the left. The tip of the small end should rest slightly above your belly-button (this will vary depending on your height and the length & thickness of your tie). Only move the active (wide) end
2. Wide end over the small end to the left
3. Up into the neck loop from underneath
4. Down to the left
5. Around the back of the small end to the right.
6. Up to the center, towards neck loop.
7. Through the neck loop and down to the right.
8. Across the front to the left.
9. Up into the neck loop from underneath.
10. Down through the loop you've just created in the front.
11. Tighten the knot by pulling down on the wide end. Slide the knot up & adjust.
We hope the clear and undemanding directions along with the illustrations made learning how to tie a Windsor tie easy.